Tuesday, September 28

Miles 8 & 9

I am now running into unchartered territory…the farthest I have ever ran!  My mom and I have become training partners and conquered both 8 and 9 mile long runs in the past two weeks.  imageThis past weekend we braved the rain for a 9 mile run on the American Tobacco Trail.  Running in the rain is so much fun…we did not have a dry bone on us when we returned, but we made amazing time at 10:56 per mile. 

We both have enjoyed training together so much we kept thinking of ways we could run the races together.  Finally around mile 7.5 I agreed to run the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon with her on Oct. 24 - she signed me up that night!   I cannot believe I am running not one, but two half marathons within 3 weeks of each other, let alone just months after having a baby!

After the Myrtle Beach Mini, I’ll taper off again, but continue training with Ben for the OBX Half while she watches Tipp during our long runs.

No comments: