On our First “Little” Family vacation several weeks ago, we had many opportunities to enjoy relaxing meals al fresco where we could try new recipes. I found this recipe in the August edition of Cooking Light and it was perfect after a long day on the beach. You could use this marinade for chicken, pork, shrimp or any other type of fish – it is so versatile.
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Arrange fish in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Combine orange juice and next 9 ingredients (through garlic); pour over fish. Let stand 15 minutes.
Sprinkle fish with paprika; broil 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Drizzle sauce over fish.