Thursday, July 9

The Official Birthday

Like I said…we do multiple celebrations when it comes to birthdays!  Ben surprised me by taking the night off for my birthday and inviting my mom, stepdad, brothers and sister in law over for dinner. 

But before dinner -  we enjoyed breakfast of my choice and best of all presents and cards!!  Ben is an excellent card giver and shares my love of finding the PERFECT card…this year was no exception!  He also gave me a new Michael Kors summer-white handbag and matching wallet.  I love handbags and it was the only thing I wanted!  I get so many compliments on it.

For dinner Ben made homemade pizzas – Ham & Pineapple, Sausage & Veggie, and Shrimp, Spinach, Mushroom white pizza -  all were delish.  My mom brought her amazing Spinach, Blueberry and Mandarin Orange salad.  And as our tradition, Ben made my birthday cake.  It’s a rule – the birthday person requests the cake and does not have to make it!  He made my absolute favorite cheesecake…Banana Pudding Cheesecake.Jenni's Birthday 2009 141 Jenni's Birthday 2009 172 After we enjoyed cake it was present time!  My mom surprised me with more of our crystal champagne glasses.  When we got married we registered for just 2 champagne glasses in our crystal pattern for us to toast with.  Over the years, we’ve found we drink more champagne when entertaining than anything else.  She also got me the duvet I’ve been lusting over for months and Zack & Amanda got me a gift card to one of my favorite stores!Jenni's Birthday 2009 154Jenni's Birthday 2009 167Jenni's Birthday 2009 169  Thanks so much for coming to celebrate and my gifts!

No comments: