Wednesday, July 29

Ben – The Handyman

June was a big month for projects around our house and I barely lifted a finger!!  Since we have been in our house for over a year now, we are on our second round of projects.  Finally the big kitchen remodel (well -  big for us and our practically brand new house) was completed! 

Before we even made an offer on our house we knew we would want to add an over-range microwave and retile the backsplash. That dream came true while I was away on my Girl’s Weekend to DC…it truly felt like I was on one of those HGTV shows where the wife gets to go away for a weekend of pampering, while the husband stays at home to finish the project.  Ben’s team was his dad who is very knowledgeable in home improvement projects.  imageSurprisingly the project was on budget and on time, but not without at least one pitfall along the way.  It turns out they had to replace the entire wall behind our stove!  Once that was complete it was smooth sailing with installing a new outlet in the cabinet, then the microwave and finally putting up the tile, grouting and sealing.  image image imageOnce I arrived home to a spotless house on Monday to see the finish project…I was created with flowers and a card!  Impressive - I was absolutely blown away with Ben’s handy work!  Our kitchen is finally the way we want it and it feels like us now.June-July 09 010 June-July 09 016Additionally Ben installed new pendant lighting over our bar area, a new ceiling fan in the living room and our bedroom.  I also painted our master bath and we got a new down comforter for the new duvet I got for my birthday.   Jenni's Birthday 2009 217 Jenni's Birthday 2009 215

 Jenni's Birthday 2009 208

Jenni's Birthday 2009 211

Jenni's Birthday 2009 220Jenni's Birthday 2009 221

1 comment:

Em said...

Looks wonderful!!! We want to do an over the stove microwave too =) Plus I love the comforter... it is the same one we have and I got it for my birthday a couple of years ago too - and I have never tired of it...