Sunday, April 26

Fins to the Left…We are the People Our Parent’s Warned Us About!

Thursday we were lucky enough to take an escape from the work week to Margaritaville!  It’s been a few years since I’ve seen Jimmy Buffett and even longer since I’ve seen him at Walnut Creek.  An outdoor venue is always so much more fun to see the tailgaters and all their attire.  After finally finding the Tiki Hut…we enjoyed Cheeseburgers in Paradise, margaritas, rum punch, subs, mexican dip, wings, buffalo chicken dip, brownies, key lime bars and beer!  April 2009 109The highlight of the tailgate was my little sister Sara convincing me to shot-gun a beer…in all of my years at Virginia Tech and tailgating, this is something I never did!  I think all 17 of us including our parents circled around to enjoy the show.  I think we made them proud!  April 2009 110 April 2009 111

This year’s show was awesome and we had a great time…we could not have asked for better weather with the high in the 80’s.  It was the perfect kick off to the summer and it would have only been better if we got to enjoy Margaritaville a little longer!  After the concert, my uncle and aunt, Eddie & Lisa, came back to our to  stay the night.  They are fun New Bern and came to Raleigh for the concert.  We had such a great time hanging out with them…next time they’ll have to stay longer.  Eddie also brews beer, so he and Ben have tons to talk about! 

April 2009 178April 2009 136 April 2009 124

No comments: