Wednesday, October 22

Sharing Gratitude

I was inspired to make this post on Monday when I received my newest Real Simple magazine in the mail which had a featured article about Sharing Gratitude. Several Real Simple staff members kept a journal for 30 days of what they were grateful for. Additionally the article mentioned how thinking about things you are grateful for or make you happy can improve you mood.

Since the holiday season is coming up I figured it'd be a good time to think about gratitude with all the negative things going on in the world. Instead of a written journal I thought I'd add a post to the blog of the things I'm grateful for and/or make me happy. About 10 years ago I purchased the book, "10,000 Things to Be Happy About". It simple a book of lists and I would go through and highlight things I also loved. Now, I'll be making my own list.

I'm going to try to post everyday until Thanksgiving 3 things that make me happy and that I am grateful for. (I might have to double up on some days if I'm too busy to post.) Feel free to add your own comments of things you are grateful for as well!

I am grateful for:
~soft Egyptian cotton sheets
~Ben making me coffee EVERY morning

~the beautiful colors of fall

No comments: