Sunday, May 10

Happy Mother’s Day!

Mother's Day 2009 096Today we hosted my mom and grandmother for a Mother’s Day Luncheon.  I just love a good excuse to get out on my china and crystal and have a house full of guests!  On the menu was Cream Cheese and Pepper Jelly on crackers for a light snack, Chicken Salad Croissants, Strawberry Pecan Mixed Greens salad, champagne and water.  We found some delicious almond champagne that went amazingly with the chicken salad and my mom brought a friendship dessert bread for a sweet ending to a perfect lunch!Mother's Day 2009 055Mother's Day 2009 081Mother's Day 2009 064   

 

                                                                     Mother's Day 2009 057

 Mother's Day 2009 073

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even though I am not a mother yet, I was a mother-to-be, and Ben and my family did a wonderful job at recognizing the holiday for me too.  I thought today would be hard and a little sad, but it was different…it was hopeful and I felt special to be included!  Ben bought me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers ever, delectable chocolates and one of the sweetest cards.  My mom gave me a massage at a new spa in Pittsboro and mentioned she also got herself one and we will be enjoying  a girl’s day of pampering very soon!

Mother's Day 2009 045Mother's Day 2009 039 Mother's Day 2009 087 Today was such a relaxing day, spending time with family and enjoying the beautiful weather!Mother's Day 2009 104

Mother's Day 2009 112Mother's Day 2009 123

No comments: