Sunday, September 28

Girl's Weekend!

I'm a week late getting around to updates! Last weekend, my college roommate, Meg and her mom came down from the DC area for a long Girl's-Mother/Daughter weekend. We made it to our beach house by late afternoon. After a quick a few glasses of wine and a walk on the beach we ordered the best pizza ever from Basil's. It's a very small authentic NY style pizza place right across from the beach. Without any boys to please...we ordered a white pizza with spinach, mushrooms and shrimp. Delicious! We topped off the evening with a little McDreamy and watched Made of Honor.

Saturday I went for a run while everyone else walked. I was quite proud of myself...I did 4.13 miles in 40 minutes! After our morning exercise we literally shopped 'til we dropped! Most of the day was spent shopping at the outlets. I scored quite a few new tops, dress pants and a very comfy and versitle black jumper. Coach was having an awesome sale and my mom got a great new work tote. We ended the night at T-Bonz with a glass of their new Octoberfest which they had just tapped. And the night wouldn't be complete without another chick flick...Baby Mama.


Meg has never been to Charleston and since Charleston is one of our favorite day-trip places, we decided to go Sun. The day was beautiful and very pleasant. We started our trip off with lunch at 82 Queen with sandwiches and their famous She-Crab Soup. We wandered through the market, in and out of the side shops, had a wine tasting and ended with dinner at the Noisy Oyster. My uncle had just arrived in town on business and treated us to dinner. We all ordered Shrimp and Grits...we were stuffed by the time we headed home.





It was a great weekend with the girl's and I was sad it ended so quickly. Meg and I go months and sometimes a year between seeing each other, but we always pick right back up where we left off. We did promise it won't be a year before we visit again...hopefully we can get up to DC in the early spring...possibly for another girl's weekend!

No comments: