Tuesday, July 15

Jenni's Semi-Homemade Dinner

There is no Sandra Lee in our house, but she'd be proud. In an effort to use what we have and not have a ton of food go bad while we're on vacation next week, we made a quick and easy dinner Sunday after a super hard working weekend. We've been craving Mexican on and off for several days and I think at one point mentioned making fish tacos at the beach.

I remembered I had some frozen fish filets stuffed in the back of the freezer, tortillas and cheese. We didn't have any type of sauce, so I literally whipped up a homemade tartar sauce with mayonnaise, lemon juice, onions, dill weed and cilantro. These really hit the spot. A little lettuce, cheese, extra cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice made these a big hit with Ben. He was quite impressed and I was excited to add another quick and easy meal to our list when we're in a pinch.

No comments: