Tuesday, May 18

Babymoon: Charleston

Before Baby Tipp’s arrival, Ben and I wanted to take a mini-vacation to relax and enjoy some quality time together before all the craziness of newborn life begins and we become a family of 3.  Of course this will not be our last vacation as just the two of us, but any vacations in the future will certainly be different.

Charleston has always been a favorite southern city for us and I have always wanted to visit Savannah, so we made a long weekend out of it and planned it over the annual Cooper River Bridge Run.  This was our 3rd Bridge Run and at first I thought I’d be waiting at the finish line cheering on Ben and my mom.  At the last minute I decided I could definitely walk the 10k at 28 weeks and we invited Papaw to walk with me. 

We made it to Charleston by 5pm on Friday, just in time for dinner at  Fleet Landing, which was Ben’s choice.  We have our “usual” spots, but Ben had read about this restaurant and made an excellent choice - I had the best fried oyster salad!IMG_4587IMG_4577IMG_4578 The race came early Saturday morning and was quite chilly, but once we got moving with the other 40,000 people we warmed up.  I got several looks and a few comments on being pregnant!  Papaw and I finished in 1:41:15…although I came in just 0.01 seconds thanks to Tipp!28 WeeksAfter the race we continued our tradition of lunch at T-Bonz, then the Beer Exchange for Ben, before getting on the road.  Since we were heading south we made a few stops on the way the to Savannah at The Charleston Tea Plantation and the Angel Tree (a 1,500 year old oak tree).IMG_4601IMG_4604IMG_4613IMG_4621

No comments: